Dr. Steve Filler
Dr. Steve Filler is a fellow and former president of the American Association of Hospital Dentists and served as associate dean and professor at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry. Steve has lectured extensively on the topics of Medical Emergencies and Infectious Diseases and is a highly sought-after CE conference speaker who makes his topics practical, fun, and informative!
Continuing Education Course Overview
Dusting Off the Medical Emergency Kit
Steven J Filler, DDS, MS, MA
Dental teams recognize the importance of proper office & staff preparation for the occasional medical emergency. This topic need not be complex or intimidating for dental professionals to learn to provide an excellent response and supportive care. An informative and low stress presentation filled with stories and humor to illustrate the points. Refresh yourself and your approach to office medical emergencies by joining us for an updated look into this vital subject.
Infectious Diseases Still Plague Us!
This seminar will focus on Hepatitis and Tuberculosis, infectious diseases important to today’s health care providers. The information is an easy to understand review, focusing on significant and interesting features and history of the diseases, told in an entertaining fashion. Protect yourself, your office and your family from harm as you satisfy many state continuing education requirements in this area.
Continuing Education Credit Hours: 12
By the end of the week, presentation participants should be able to:
1. Describe basic techniques for preventing medical emergencies
2. Discuss appropriate roles for staff members during a medical emergency
3. Discuss general procedures required for common medical emergencies
4. Prepare a list of emergency medicines and equipment
5. Review and/or prepare a dental office for treating medical emergencies
6. Review discussed infectious diseases for etiology, prevention and treatment.